Saturday, April 26, 2014

mannequin



"Do you think that's realistic?" Jeremy asked me as he was critiquing a mannequin in the store.

The answer we agreed on was, "No, definitely not."  I was such a proud eating disorder clinician in that moment.  The figure had at most a 00 waist along with ample curves, if you know what I mean.  It was just so unrealistic.  Jeremy pointed out how they have to pin the clothes in the back to get them to even fit the mannequins as well.  And people wonder why we are so dissatisfied with our bodies.

We spent the rest of our shopping trip looking at the manniquins and discussing the serious effects they can have on people.  We did find one decent manniquin that looked like it was based on reality rather than ridiculous ideals.  Only one.

I love that Jeremy is starting to notice these things and have discussions with me about them.  It means so much to me. 

No comments: