Tuesday, July 1, 2014

july letters


dear summer,
welcome. stay as long as you like. and try your hardest to keep this humidity under wraps.  may you be filled with sunburns, endless fruit, and new adventures.

dear job,
although i like you very much, you are getting in the way of my tan. i am spending far too much time indoors. can't we all take summers off?

dear watermelon,
i just discovered your goodness.  i apologize for not properly appreciating you and comparing you to watermelon starbursts my whole life.  you are quite lovely and very refreshing.  i am you're newest fan.

dear salt water sandals,
i need you. you are a throwback to my childhood summers which consisted of scraped knees, ice cream, and everything fun. i would love a daily reminder of that joy. i think a red pair would do the trick.

dear blowdryer,
i flat out refuse to use you in this heat. i guess i will be rocking the air-dried locks for the month. i need to get in touch with my natural wave anyway, no matter the perceived inconsistencies. my new hair mantra: just embrace it.

dear red, white, and blue,

you are the epitome of summer and i'm obsessed. i will be rocking you far past the 4th. who's with me? land of the free, home of the brave... i'm proud to be an American. 

dear soldiers and veterans,
thank you. thank you for your sacrifice and your bravery.  we are forever grateful for your protection and your service. may you be healed, physically, emotionally, and mentally, from the inflictions of war. God bless. 

xoxo, katie

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love the letters!!
Fabulous post!

Unknown said...

I have saltwater sandals and I love them! You should get them!!