Thursday, December 18, 2014

This week,


I'm grateful for...

Sleep! Earlier this week I was starting to feel unwell. I couldn't really figure it out, but I was feeling slightly achey and had hints of the chills. I realized I had stayed up way later on Friday and Saturday than I typically do, so I focused on getting adequate rest the next couple of days.  And I never got hit with anything! Sleep enabled my body to regenerate. Sleep allowed my body to focus on fighting whatever was trying to take me down. Sleep is amazing!!

- Journaling! I don't journal as often as I would like to and I find that I always enjoy it when I do. I write whatever comes to mind and switch from topic to topic in a haphazard manner. I consistently find clarity and strength when I journal. I find focus and a recommitment to work on things that will help me become the person I want to be. I hope to journal more regularly in the future. I'm shooting for once a week. 

- Airplanes! Airplanes totally rock! I know I take all of the science and engineering for granted, but when I stop to think... How cool is that I can get on the other side of the country and all I do is sit there?? Airplanes allow me to see my family, travel to my favorite destinations no matter where I live, and explore the world. They open up all sort of possibilities. I am so grateful for airplanes. 

Family here I come!!



No comments: