Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Letters: Belated


Dear April,
I know I'm 7 days late, but welcome none the less.  I love that you truly embrace spring.  It's almost as if you drag it along with you as the days pass, pushing winter out of the way.  It's quite refreshing to know that warmer days are on their way.  

Dear Easter,
What a wonderful holiday you are?!  I think I have under-appreciated you in years past.  I am terribly sorry.  This year I tried to be more mindful of the celebration of Christ in the weeks prior and it really helped me stay focused on the miracle and gift of the Atonement.  We are so loved by our Heavenly Parents and by Christ.  It is just amazing.

Dear General Conference,
I love when you come and I hate when you go.  Every talk is beautifully written and provides these golden nuggets of insight.  I always appreciate a new way to think about gospel topics and principles.  I look forward to studying the words of our inspired leaders in the coming months.

Dear Dirty Snow Piles,
You are shrinking more and more and I am loving it.  I think you will be non-existent in the next few weeks which makes my heart sing.  Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate that we broke the record for snowiest winter in Boston (ever!) together.  I am just ready to move on... it's not me, it's you.

Dear April Showers,
I have been loving your presence, mostly because when you are around I know the Dirty Snow Piles are slowly being demolished.  You quench the Earth quite beautifully which makes it possible for us to enjoy the green mountains and spring flora.  Keep it coming!

Dear Tennis Courts,
You just got your nets! Hooray! I just can't wait to get out there and play.  Maybe this week the sun will shine and the winds will cease at a moment when Jeremy and I are both home and we can go hit for a little while.  I will be patiently waiting.


Xoxo, Katie

No comments: