Monday, April 6, 2015

Over the Weekend


Saturday

We started our Easter weekend watching some wonderful General Conference.  I love conference!  We stay home in comfy clothes and listen to inspired leaders all weekend long.  Dreamy!

I also made a gluten free wafer cake from scratch for Easter dessert.



 It tasted delicious and I am so happy to have good old wafer cake back in my life.  I made the cookies from this recipe.  The wafers didn't expand and soften like they typically do when I put it in the fridge over night, but Jeremy accidentally double baked 2 dozen of them, so that might have been why.  I would totally make it again.  Who doesn't love cookies and whip cream?  I might try this wafer recipe next time to compare.

Saturday night I gathered with some buds and we painted away while our husbands were at the priesthood session.  Painting is so fun and something I really need to explore more!

Here's my sketch:

And then the final product:

I stenciled the words and painted the rest.  Not too shabby for an amateur. 


Sunday

Happy Easter Friends!  We did the traditional hide the goods and follow the yarn to find them game for each other.  It's one of my favorite Easter traditions that I remember happening in our home when I was just a little tyke, so we did it for each other.  Jeremy got way into it and I was rolling my yarn out in the hallway and up and down the stairs.  It was pretty fun.


 This is the Easter loot we came away with from each other and from my parents:
(I looooove getting holiday packages in the mail from my mom.  She's the best!)


Then we watched more conference.  I folded some origami bunnies to keep my hands busy and my eyes open.  It is so tough to not nap during those afternoon talks.


We used the bunnies as a center piece for our Easter dinner we had with friends.  Holiday dinners are easy-peasy when you each bring a couple of things.  It was tasty and fun to be with great people.  

And that was our weekend.  It was quite enjoyable, relaxing, and spiritually rejuvenating.  What a solid combo!  Hope yours was the same!

1 comment:

Victoria and Brad Gerhardt said...

You are so talented! I love the picture that you painted and the origami bunnies.