Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New Job


Here I am after I survived my first day at my new job!



I have now been at it for a week and half.  The first bit has been pretty slow.  You know... doing trainings, feeling overwhelmed, learning new systems, meeting great people.  There is a lot of new stuff to get accustomed, too.  I will be working 2 days in a PCP office supporting patients with a history of opiate abuse that are doing Medication Assisted Treatment and then 2 days a week doing general mental health in an outpatient office (and a day off in the middle of the week to boot!!).

I am excited to feel comfortable with the new positions, which always takes a while.  I hate the learning process sometimes.  It can be so slow and painful.  I need to hone some patience for myself and trust that I will figure it all as I put in the time and practice.  I love my field. I tell you, working with a bunch of therapists is about the most supportive work environment you could ever work in.  I love Love LOVE it.  My new co-workers walk past my door and are always checking in with me about how things are going and see if there is anything they can help me with.  It is great.  

Interestingly, the day I started my new job, I found out that my picture is on the website for my old job.  Crazy!!  I miss those good, good people.  






No comments: