Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Letters


Dear August,
Well, you have arrived.  And so quickly it seems.  Typically, you are for back to school prep, but since Jeremy and I are both not students for the first time EVER, we will just be playing.  Summer is in full force and we want to soak up every bit of it.  I'm hoping for more s'mores and drive-in movies.  This is going to be great.

Dear Nature,
You have been killing it.  I love everything about you, except maybe the bugs.  Yep, I could do without those.  The fresh air, the mountains, the lakes, the streams.  I feel like I'm living in a dream.

Dear Mountain Bikes,
We made the big purchase today!!! Sadly, they had to be ordered in the right colors/sizes so we don't have them just yet.  We are now just waiting for the precious gems to get shipped and built.  We can't wait to get on the trails and go exploring... on wheels!!

Dear Meteors,
I am mesmerized by you and think you're about the coolest thing around.  Your spectacular show is on it's way in just two weeks and I have been scheming away trying to figure out the best place to watch it.  Luckily, Vermont has about zero light pollution, so we are bound to see a good show. 

Dear Running,
Our relationship has been completely rekindled since our race at the end of June.  I know we took quite a break and I abandoned you for other methods of exercise, only flirting with you here and there.  I have finally rediscovered how fun you can be, especially when I have such inspiring roads to run on.  We may have to reevaluate things come winter though.

Dear Great-Grandma Verland,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately.  You had an adventurous soul in your later years and I find you quite inspiring.  I love that you took up painting in your late 60s and you were actually good at it.  I look around me these days and I feel deep within my bones an urge to paint the beauty around me.  Some might dismiss it, but I think to myself... it's in my genes.  I can surely start in my 20s if you started in your 60s.  

Xoxo, Katie

No comments: