Saturday, June 28, 2008

Deal or no deal? Deal!

Today my mom and I stopped by a store that sells scrubs. I have to wear scrubs in Romania when I am working in the orphanage and the hospital so we figured we would check this place out. We went inside and the nicest man and his wife were so eager to help me; I was the only customer in the shop. I told them I needed blue scrubs and they got me the classic scrubs and the fitted scrubs to try on for size. He gave me the two and had me try them on, he even got the right size without even asking me. This guy is skilled. The two just kept handing me stuff to try on. I decided to go with the classic fit because who cares if I'm wearing big and baggy scrubs in Romania. After we figured out the fit, I had to decide what color of blue to buy. I was a little bit boring and got all three of them the same color: the beautiful royal blue you see above. They are so comfortable! But that is not even the best part... I have been looking online at scrubs and they are about $40 for the set. The place I went to sold the classic fit for $20 a set or 3 for $50 and the fitted scrubs for $25 a set or 3 for $70. So we decided to buy them. The guy also threw in a pair of the bright blue scrubs (which are so fun) because he thought I was so great for going to Romania to volunteer. I ended up getting 4 sets of scrubs for $53.88. So cool! What a nice couple?! They totally made my day!
p.s. the picture is cropped so creatively because my mom didn't want the whole world to see our semi-messy house :) love ya mom!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Katie,
I love that you cropped out the mess, but my heavens can you smile normal for a picture...You always open your mouth and make some obnoxious face. Look at the picture on the side of your blog, same lovely grin...love you, MOM

jeremy said...

That was such a great deal! I'm so excited for you to go. You are gonna have so much fun, you already look like you are having so much fun in that picture and you're not even in romania yet! I can't wait to see you!

Leslie said...

Katie! Thanks for your awesome suggestions on my blog for cures to our summertime boredom! You are awesome! I too, think its wonderful that you are going to Romania! That will be such a great experience!AND I think your open mouth obnoxious smiles are great (I love that kinda thing! :) hee hee

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I love nice people. They have so much power to change my day for th better! kelli

The Pili Aiga said...

Your mom's comment is totally make me laugh outloud again. I love reading your blog...it's always so cheerful and fun!