Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lime-y Goodness

I made this Key Lime Pie today (see, I even marked it with my initial). This pie was so easy to make and it was really good. So I thought I would share the recipe with everyone. My mom got it from Real Simple. Even if you don't consider yourself good in the kitchen I know you can make this because I did.

Here is what you need:

  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • graham cracker crust

Here is what you do:

  • whip everything together (except the crust) until fluffly and soft peaks form
  • pour the filling into the piecrust
  • refrigerate until loosely set, at least 4 hours
  • sprinkle the top with zest of lime if you so desire

It is pretty simple and a perfect dessert for those hot summer days... enjoy!

4 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

So it was really good? I tore the exact same recipe out of my Real Simple magazine because I thought it looked yummy and easy. weird....

Though I don't remember the recipe saying to put a 'k" on it.

jeremy said...

Way to go Katie! I cn't wait to try some agter you've made it!

Katie said...

nice typing jeremy... :)

Cassondra said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna brave it.