Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Weekend in Pictures

We headed to the beach for our 4th of July Celebration. We had a family reunion in California and we spent most of the days at Huntington Beach. It was alot of fun!

Here are my cute parents!

My dad tried surfing and he actually was pretty good. My cousin Stacey is an expert teacher.

Here I am... it was beautiful sunset.

Sam is having fun with Stacey and Tonya's little boy Ethan.
We were exhausted from the beach, but I was greeted with a pillow that said "Sweet Dreams" on it... what a thoughtful hotel.
We were going to run in this 5K race on Friday morning, but we got there after the race started. I thought it started at 9:00, but it really started at 8:00...oops! So we picked up our free t-shirts and our numbers and tried to look exhausted as we walked back to the car.


We were right by the life gaurds and they were running all over the place on the 4th. More people needed saving on the holiday.
We got pretty cozy on the beach with endless amounts of our closest friends.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Great pictures Kate! We had a lot of fun with you guys!

jeremy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! But I do have to say number 356 is lookin pretty good!

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

I can't believe you guys went to Hunnington beach with out us?! In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!" Though I bet it just wasn't the same w/o John and I it looks like you guys put on a brave face and tried to make the most of it.

The Pili Aiga said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Your parents really are cute and the sunset was awesome. I was laughing outloud about the walking back to the car with your t-shirts trying to act tired. you are too funny :)

Amy @ LiveWell said...

Oh I miss Hunington Beach!! We used to have YM/YW and ward family activities there every summer. Great times...

BTW -- I beat Guitar Hero on medium today!!! Great Sabbath activity, huh??

We miss you!
--Amy