Friday, September 19, 2008

Today is my special day!

It was my birthday today! YAY! I am now a big 20 year old. I'm no longer a teenager! Weird! We did so many fun things tonight… they all seem to revolve around food though! HaHa! We went and ate Chinese food tonight at La Cao and it was pretty good. We ordered a bunch of different things and then shared them. The Chinese here in Romania was pretty good, but it wasn’t very spicy. I can’t wait to go to Pei Wei when I get home! I love Pei Wei!
After the Chinese food, we went and got yummy Gelato! So good! The place we went to is across the street from where we live… How have we not seen it yet!!!?? I seriously might be going there like 3 times a week now. Its only 2 lei for a scoop of deliciousness, that’s like 80 cents. I got a scoop of caramel and a scoop of biscuit. It was really good and I can’t wait to try their other flavors!
After the gelato, we came back to my apartment and ate the cake that Rachel made today! Chocolate cake with whip cream. We even had 20 candles to put on top! Thanks for sending those mom! My group sang to me and everything. They are the best!
After the cake we played random card games and just talked and laughed. It has been a way fun birthday. I’m glad that I got to have a birthday here in Iasi, Romania. It was different, but way fun. I miss my family and I miss Jeremy like crazy right now. But I’m thankful that I am here. I have been able to experience so many amazing things already and I just got here!

5 comments:

Tara said...

happy birthday looks like you had a great one!!

Barb said...

Oh you are so cute with the cake and then Gelato in the same day...Happy day! xo mom

KinseyBug said...

Katie, I think that by the end of the semester that Gelato place is going to know us by name! Thanks for having a birthday so we could all party and have fun! You are the best!

The Pili Aiga said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!! :)

Unknown said...

happy birhday girly!