Thursday, February 4, 2010

senioritis.

i have it.

it's true.
it's horrible.

i avoided it in high school, but it has hit me hard this semester.

there has been some serious slacking done on my part considering my education. i keep dreaming of the relaxing summer and year of no school ahead of me. you see, i found a tutorial for a frilly skirt (isn't it so fun?) and i want to make one... now! but anytime i try to think of some free time to make it, my head is flooded with books to read, tests to take, and papers to write... and i don't like it. not one bit. but instead of focusing on getting my homework done in a timely matter so i have free time for fun projects, i distract myself with unimportant and boring things. no beuno.

i have not been finishing all of my reading assignments and i have definitely been procrastinating studying for tests... like the one i want to take today, but may have to wait until tomorrow... because i still need to go over countless theories on deviance! ahhhhh! have no fear though, i have until tuesday to take it. but then i have another test next week.

some quick adjustments are in order before the academic world begins to haunt me. so here is what i will do to combat this deadly disease:
  • do readings the day they are assigned, NOT the day they are due
  • get started on a paper at least a week and a half before it is due
  • don't wait until the last day to take a test, let's shoot for the 1st or 2nd day
  • limit internet time to 15 minute sessions (a.k.a. don't peruse blogs for hours on end)
if i do these, i just might have time to make that skirt before the end of april.

now if you will excuse me... i have some major studying to do.

No comments: