Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ohana Shave Ice


our quest for the best: {shave ice edition}

round 6

Ohana Shave Ice

at the Smith's on Freedom


jeremy got an extra small strawberry kiwi and i got a small orange dreamsicle. my
flavor was WAY good! jeremy's tasted like a capri sun.

we went after i picked jeremy up from work- that's why he's all dressed up and i was in sweats

the deets


prices: $2 for a small ($1 for an extra small), cream on top for .50, ice cream on the
bottom for $1, no extra for tax, only take cash and check

flavors: good selection, no suggested combos, no extra for multiple flavors

loyalty bonus: none- but we forgot to ask

seating: a table with four chairs on the sidewalk

misc: worst ice yet- big chunks, free popcorn (supposedly, but we weren't
offered any)
, give you a napkin and spooned straw, no music


the verdict


i don't think we will go back. i loved the flavor i ordered, but the ice was really
hard and chunky. jeremy and i had a hard time eating it with our spooned straws. jeremy
kept saying, "i don't like this," while hacking away at his ice block. i would choose to visit the
SURF N SLURP, Paradise Bay, or Hokulia over Ohana for shave ice.

til our next shave ice outing...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The other day Robert and I and our little bundle of joy went to Smith's. Robert saw Ohana and said, "It's hot. Let's get a couple." My response was a look of hesitation. So Robert asked what was wrong. I said, "Well, the Clover's haven't tried Ohana yet. I'd rather go someplace that has the Clover stamp of approval already."
We didn't get one, and it's a good thing. It sounds like we would have been disappointed.

True story :)

Monique said...

I love that you do this. I found a shaved ice place in Rexburg when I visited that I had almost everyday it was so good, I often wondered if they had one like it here.