Wednesday, October 10, 2012

i forgot to mention...


my mom recently pointed out that i forgot to mention
a new church calling for jeremy and i. we no longer work with
 the little cherubs, which we are so sad about.
we are going to miss them!

but we have been called to serve in the....

spanish branch.
no, i'm not kidding.
 
aka
la rama en espanol

do i know spanish?  NO! am i terrified?  YES!

and we start this sunday!  can you believe it?
  good thing jeremy at least knows spanish or we would be in
 some real trouble.  he will have to translate for me, so i can
have some sense of what is going on. i purchased ok, my mom
 purchased a computer program at costco for me to use, so we
will see if that lends any help in my quest to learn some spanish.
 if you have any tips... let me know.  i'm finding it to be
difficult since most of my free time is spent reading and writing
papers for school.  hopefully i will pick up something... or
 else it will feel like i am going to church
 in a foreign country. aahhh!

i have managed to master one phrase so far:

perdon, no entiendo.

it means:
sorry, i don't understand.

i think it will keep me going for a while.
wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amanda Orfanos said...

We went to Brazil this summer to visit my husband's mission and we went to all 3 hours of church. Foreign language church is ROUGH. My one phrase was "Nao falo portuguese!" (I don't speak Portuguese) Did it stop them from holding an entire (one sided) conversation with me? Nope.

April said...

that is AWESOME!!! once you learn Spanish I can only imagine how the Lord will use you two! :) funny enough, my mom just got me a spanish program at costco - but I have to wait until Christmas. :) you will be amazing!!!