Thursday, February 27, 2014

Your Body Rocks: Day 4



So wear purple, learn about Eating Disorders, and improve your body image. 

The positive body image challenge of the day is...

 Challenge your negative thoughts.

If you find yourself getting into a negative thinking rut about your body (or anything really), start to challenge the thoughts.  Come up with something more balanced, a reframe, a rebuttal.  Even if you don't believe it, it is important to represent both sides and all the gray in between.  This creates room for other possibilities or perspectives.   

It could be helpful to write out the dialogue between the voice of negativity and have a healthy voice respond to it.  For example, if you have the thought, "I am ugly and I hate the way I look," a more balanced thought to respond with could be, "There are things I don't like about my body and there are things I do like," or "There are times when I feel beautiful and comfortable in my skin."  These statements help us achieve a greater balance.

So challenge the negative body talk today (and everyday).

No comments: