Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!


Happy Easter, Friends!

blossoms outside the church building

I know Jesus is the Son of God.  I know He died for me.  I know that through His Atonement I can be forgiven of the mistakes I have made (and will certainly continue to make throughout my life).  I know that the Atonement can heal my sorrowful heart and ease my pains.  I know my Savior was resurrected and that He lives.  I know He conquered death so that I can return to live with God.  I know that Christ loves me and cares for me.  I know that He loves and cares for you too. 

One of the speakers at church closed his talk with this poem he wrote the night before.  He kindly emailed it to me:

Thy Will O Lord
By David J. Staples

'Tis now ev'n
With friends I wander
Heavy heart to garden yonder
Tarry here and watch with me
Alone I go, with God I plea
Father, free me from this burden
Yet thy will, O Lord be done
Crimson drops seep from my pours
Through pain the sinner's soul is won
A kiss, a blade, a healing hand
Before these wicked men I stan
Blindfolded, beaten, mocked and scorned
With scourge's sting my flesh is torn
A crown of thorns upon my brow
In mockery the soldiers bow
A cross I bare to Calvary's hill
I know this is my Father's will
Nails pierce my hands and feet
In shame the light of day retreats
At last I know my work is through
Father, I come home to you
Behold, my work is not quite done
To break the bands of death I come
Body, spirit reunite
I command thee death to take thy flight

No comments: