Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cause for Celebration


I got a job in Vermont!

I had a skype interview 2 weeks ago with a major counseling service in the area and heard back yesterday that I got the job... well, 2 different part time positions offered at the same company.  I will be working 2 days a week with past substance abusers in a medical setting (which is coincidentally right next door to where Jeremy will be working) and 2 days a week in an outpatient setting with general mental health.  Hooray for 4 day work weeks!  

The pieces are starting to fall into place, my friends.  We both have jobs in lovely Vermont.  To celebrate, Jeremy and I went to breakfast at the wonderful Blue Moon Grill.  They have legit gluten free options which makes me so happy.  The breakfast sandwich was top notch. 


Now all I have to do is pass a monster test to become a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).  I am currently an LCSW.  To become an LICSW, I need 2 years of clinical work experience and then I have to pass the monster test.  The extra letter means lots of important things I am sure... I am most excited that I will be able to start a private practice for outpatient therapy if I so choose.  Exciting stuff!!  I take that test next Wednesday.... so I suppose I better start studying. 

1 comment:

Victoria and Brad Gerhardt said...

Congratulations on the job, Katie! You're a rockstar! Good luck with the exam.