Monday, September 28, 2015

Gluten Free Apple Crisp (!!!)


After picking all of those wonderful apples on Saturday, we had to make an Apple Crisp last night. I got the recipe from my dear friend Laura and knew I could make it gluten free.








Gluten Free Apple Crisp
10 large apples thinly sliced 
2 T lemon juice
2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c GF flour
1 c butter (cut in cubes)
2-1/2 c GF rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350. Peel and slice apples into a 9x13 pan. Pour lemon juice over apples. Combine brown sugar and flour. Add butter cubes and rolled oats to sugar mixture. Lay sugar mixture on top of apples and pat in. Bake for 35 min or until apples are soft. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.


We decided to cut it in half and looking back on it, I am pretty sure we ended up halving only the apples and the butter.  Oooops!  So our version had lots of sugar and oats. And it was delicious.  I guess we will have to make another one.  Good luck with yours!  I know you will love it!

No comments: