Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Practice, Practice, Practice


I got a whole bunch of great painting stuff for my birthday. Thanks mom and dad!!  Painting is something that I have always wanted to do, and I am finally getting brave enough to actually give it go. I have been painting my heart out, because practice, practice, practice is the only way I am going to learn. 

What I learned from the landscape: 
- I need to be more patient with the paint.
- I like the abstract brush strokes more than realism.
- I need to start smaller.
- This is harder than I thought.


What I learned from the apples:
- I need to SLOW down.
- Fruit is a perfect starting place.
- I can be proud of my work when I take my time.



What I learned from the orange:
- Layering, layering, layering.  
- Don't panic if it's not great, keep working it.
- I tend to paint the colors I think it should be instead of the color it is.
(The orange was really more yellow-ish in color.)


I have no idea what I am doing but I am sure having a blast along the way. 


No comments: