Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Letters


Dear September,
You are my most favorite month of the year. You are just perfect. You begin with the continuation of the lovely summer nights of star gazing and s'mores. And then you gently slide into the coziness of fall with your cooler nights and brilliant leaves. What a perfect mixture! I'm totally looking forward to it.

Dear Best Day of the Year,
Hey there Birthday!! You are coming up... only 18 more days until I am 27! I can be kind of a monster on my birthday, so I am going to try and keep it under control. I do want to fill it with lovely outdoor fun (kayaking, hiking, biking), back deck grilling, ice cream, and maybe a piƱata if I am really lucky.

Dear Hot Husband,
You are wonderful. I am so grateful for you. You work hard and you're just the most handsome and kind person ever, not to mention hilarious. You have a soul of gold and I am so happy we have each other. I know my birthday can be stressful because I just love it so much. Just know that the best gift you can give me is what you already do all of the time... going on adventures and making meaningful memories with me. You're my forever fave.

Dear Apple Orchard,
We pass by you everyday on the way to work and this week you were suddenly dotted with fabulous red. We can't wait to come gather some farm apples for ourselves. Maybe we will pair them with some fresh peanut butter from the Market Wagon - the Mennonite shop down the road. Now that would be a true rural experience. Delicious!

Dear New Car,
You are a beauty and you have finally made us a 2 car family!! (as of YESTERDAY!) After 6 1/2 years of marriage with one car, we are pretty excited about this. I have decided to name you Luna. Mainly because I am obsessed with the majestic night sky. Also, my bike is Stella ("star" in Latin), so Luna ("moon" in Latin) fits perfectly. We are always up for awesome adventures, so I hope you enjoy that kind of thing. Welcome to the gang!

Dear Car Buying Process,
You are miserable. I now have first hand experience and get why people don't enjoy you very much. Don't get me wrong, I love the end result, I am just so glad we don't have to deal with you very often. I wash my hands of you and your stress!

Dear School Supplies,
You tempt me with your fresh crayons, endless notebooks, and promise of learning. I was able to resist a small box of crayons the other day, but only when I considered how many crayons I already have at home. You are one of my favorite aisles to wander and you will always have a special place in my heart.  Maybe I will start assigning myself creative research projects so I have an excuse for some supplies. 

Xoxo, Katie

1 comment:

Barb said...

Birthday month! This is Big!! xoxoxo