Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Letters


Dear November,
Hello there.  I have lots of exciting travels happening this month which means lots of time with my family, extended and nuclear.  I am loving your call for sweaters, scarves, and boots.  There's a part of me that just wants to keep mountain biking forever, but I understand that you need your time to shine, even when you rush in a briskness that means colder months are ahead.

Dear Pumpkin,
I feel like apple season is nearly through (after finally enjoying a caramel apple last night) and now we are onto orangier things.  I can't wait to break out my favorite recipes that involve you as their star ingredient.  I know I will definitely be enjoying pumpkin pancakes and I will try to tweak my favorite pumpkin square recipe to make it gluten free.  I literally don't think I can wait!!

Dear Leaves,
You are covering every space of ground these days and I just love to crunch you.  Jeremy finds it a tad bit embarrassing as I hop from leaf to leaf when we take walks at lunch time, but I can't help myself.  I feel it's pretty healthy to let your five year old self take over on a regular basis.  Life is not meant to be lived so seriously. 

Dear Private Practice,
You are so fun and my clients are great!!  I was most intimidated by the billing I would have to do, and it has all turned out easier than I thought.  I mean it certainly took a lot of work (and endless forms) on the front end, which I tend to forget about, especially when the weekly procedures are way simple.  What a pleasant surprise!! I am loving it.  Therapy is the best!

Dear Dreams,
I feel that you are all really coming true.  I don't quite know what's next and the weird thing is that I am completely content with that.  I am reaching the goals I set for myself when I was teenager and I am feeling fulfilled and just so happy.  Life is a beautiful thing when you reach your goals and you find that the view is just as lovely as you thought it would be.

Dear New Job,
Well, you were unexpected.  I sent my resume to Bennington College in April, they took me out to dinner in September, and last week they called to offer me the job.  Literally their words, "We need you.  Everyone needs therapy and we don't know why."  And so there you arrived!  It's exciting and busy... oh so busy!  I love my work, so why not do it for as many as possible!

Dear Seminary,
Hey there new church job! I get to hang out with the awesome teenagers in our church congregation every morning from 6:30 - 7:20.  It was also unexpected (and it is EARLY) and adds to the crazy feelings sometimes, but all in all it is so fun.  These kids are amazing!!  We are studying the Old Testament and learning all about Moses right now.  What a champ!?!  Anyways... after getting over the intimidation of teaching them daily, I am just taking it one day at a time and that's helping a lot. 

Xoxo, Katie



No comments: