Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June Letters


Dear June,
You are one of my favorite months, mostly because the weather is really getting delightful and I know there are many more delightful days to come.  You also house the 1st day of summer which is one of my favorite days.  It's also a pretty big month for us since we are officially in the month that Baby Clover is due to arrive!!

Dear Vermont,
You are killing it lately!  Everything is full on green now and it's just incredible.  I am back in the woods hiking with friends or by myself almost two to three times a week.  I love it.  I just love being outside.  I am getting excited for the outdoor adventures that we are going to have all summer long!

Dear Charcoal Grill,
We love you.  We really do.  I don't know what it is about you.  It's not that you make dinner prep any shorter or anything, but for some reason it feels that way.  Probably because Jeremy takes on the grilling duties in our home while I throw together the sides.  And then we sit on our back deck and chat and eat and enjoy our woods.  It's calming and wonderful.  Again, we love you!

Dear Body,
I know I have said it before and I will say it over and over, you are incredible.  Thank you for doing so many cool things.  You are building and supporting life and all the while you allow me to have so much fun in nature.  I am nervous about the post partum version of you.  Jeremy pointed out that I was nervous about the pregnant version of you as well, which turned out to be so beautiful to me.  So I am working on embracing, appreciating, and being kind to you on our journey together no matter what comes.  Thank you for being so amazing!

Dear Baby Clover,
We get to meet you soooooo soon.  I am getting more and more excited to have you on the outside, especially with this abnormally hot weather we have been having.  It's been a really HOT few days, so I have been hydrating like it's my job.  I can tell that it is getting really crowded in there.  Sometimes it feels like your movements will cause my belly to burst and you will just be sitting on my lap - please don't do that though. Just know, good things are coming little one, good things.

Dear Furry Brown Cows,
I see you whenever we head north and I think you are about the coolest thing.  There are five of you, I think, and you're either barely visible hanging out by the trees or your somewhere in the field basking in the sun.  Also, you might want to lose the furry coat with the summer ahead of us - because that just might be unbearable.

Xoxo, Katie

No comments: