Saturday, October 1, 2016

October Letters

Dear October,
I can't believe you are here.  I am excited for your pumpkins, amazing leaves, and sweater weather.  What a lovely time of year?!! 

Dear Summer Wardrobe,
I don't know what it is about you... but I am so excited to part ways for the next 9 months.  I think you need a major revamp, because I just get so sick of you. So move over Summer Wardrobe! And let's instead welcome boots, sweaters, and beanies!

Dear Gwen,
We found out a year ago this month that you were possibly coming to join our family.  We prayed and prayed that you would make it safely.  And now you are here and bringing all sorts of happiness and delight to us day after day.  I love you so much my little one!

Dear Vermont,
I am more in love you now than ever.  I feel like you are helping me become more myself as I play in your mountains.  I feel so alive while hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.  It all just makes me so happy.  I feel like I could stay here forever.

Dear Private Practice,
You are becoming what I have always dreamed of.  I can't believe you are my reality and I feel so blessed and lucky to have you.  I love the work I do and that feeling swells within me every time I leave my office.  It just feels so right for me.  I also love only working a day and half and playing with Gwen the other days.  What a perfect thing we have going!

Dear Mother Nature,
You know I am in awe of you... and I really feel like I must express my gratitude over and over.  You are amazing.  You are cleansing.  You are beautiful.  You are liberating.  You are inspiring.  You are my favorite.  You are just what I need.  Thank you for being so generous and kind.  Keep doing your thing, because you are doing a wonderful work. 

Xoxo, Katie

No comments: